Garlic is usually used in our kitchens to add more zest or seasoning. Even you don’t need to restrict yourself to fresh garlic cloves, you can paste of garlic or powered garlic. Garlic has been considered as “Wonder Drug” due to it’s Health benefits. There is a popular proverb is also there:
For sure, you are now keen to know all the Health Benefits of Garlic, so sit back and read all the benefits of garlic listed below.
Major Compounds of Garlic (Sulfur & Non-Sulfur)
1. Allicin – an Antibiotic and Antifungal compound.
2. Allixin – Antitumor promoting effect, useful compounds for Cancer Prevention.
2. Sulfur Containing Compounds are alliin, ajoene, diallyl polysulfides, vinyldithiins, S-allylcysteine, and enzymes.
3. Non-Sulfur Compounds are B vitamins, proteins, minerals, saponins, flavonoids, and Maillard reaction products.
Healthy Benefits of Garlic and it’s Component
1. Garlic Supplement ‘Allicin’ Combat with Cold: Garlic supplementation packed with anti-oxidants can boosts up the functioning of your Immune system, if you use it in your Daily Recipes.
As it technically proven that Daily intake of Allicin (in form of Garlic) can reduce the number of cold by 63% if we compared it to Placebo. Even the average length of cold which is 5 days in placebo is reduced to 70% means just within 1.5 days in the garlic group.
So, it means if you often get cold, then adding garlic in your daily meals is incredibly helpful to you, and if in case you do not like the taste of raw garlic then to improve your taste add a little amount of honey or ginger to it.
Study found (source) that ‘Allicin’ is a purified component, considered to be the major Natural Biologically Active-agent, reduced the risk of catching a cold by 60-70%
“A single bulb of garlic a day, keeps so many diseases away”.
2. Lowers the Risk of Heart Disease: Garlic is an anti-oxidant so helps your body to get rid of several unstable molecules known as free radicals form after exposure to toxins or at the time of digestion, hence reduces cholesterol level.
The main reason why cholesterol soars through the roof is due to aortic plaque deposits that start to accumulate on our body’s vein, and garlic reduces these deposits, so automatically lowers risk of Heart disease. A
s garlic is Anti-oxidant, so medical science states that it might be used to Lowers the Risk of Heart diseases. One large study (source) on garlic found that garlic supplementation appears to reduce total and LDL (Low Density Lipo Protein) by about 10- 15%. In this way the cholesterol build up that clog the arteries could perhaps be reduced. Another Reason of Heart Disease is low activity of Platelets.
In patients suffering from vascular injury, hyperlipidemia, hypertension and Smokers, Platelets activity has been Increased which which definitely Lowers the Heart Disease Risks.
3. Detoxify Heavy Metals in Body: Eating Garlic can flushes out the Heavy metal found on your body which are harmful for you.
At high doses, the organ damage due to high metal toxicity can be protected by the sulfur present in garlic. It found that the garlic can reduce lead levels in blood by 19%.
4. Immunity Booster: Garlic improves the functioning of the immune system, by clearing all the waste products from our body, helps you to recover more quickly from Illness.
5. Help in Gain Weight in Mother’s Womb: This is something for pregnant women, takes garlic in order to Increase weight of Babies, so that when your baby takes birth he or she must be healthier and has a good physic.
6. ‘Allixin’ Prevents you from Cancer: Garlic component named ‘Allixin’ also known as Phytoalexin, a non-sulfur compound with antioxidant, antimicrobial, antitumor promoting and neurotrophic effects, it can also prevent you from the Cancer.
As garlic is a rich source of vitamin B6, vitamin B6 is said to have cancer fighting abilities, so it helps prevent cancerous compound from developing and forming into tumors. Also inhibits the growth of tumors.
So, Make a Routine of eating two cloves of raw Garlic daily. In order to prevent yourself from serious disease like cancer, due to its Anti-carcinogenic Properties.
7. Help in Weight Loss: As we all know that women are conscious about their weight, so garlic is also helpful in this aspect too. All you need to do is to; squeeze juice of half lemon in the Luke warm water and drink this with two cloves of Garlic twice a day that is in the Morning as well as in Evening. Meanwhile, avoid eating Fatty Junk Foods and Do Exercise daily! Do this for 3 months and see drastic change in yourself.
8. Regulates your Blood Sugar Levels: One more benefit of garlic added to the queue is to treat with Diabetes. Garlic is known regulate Blood sugar levels properly, Hence It increases the level of Insulin to treat with diabetes, so it is advisable to take garlic capsules.
Garlic consider to be an Aid when it comes to Exercise
Garlic is beneficial for all kind of People of every age. Specially for those who do more Physical activities in daily Routine, Because Garlic Compounds helps in Detoxification of your Body i.e. cleaning your blood from toxins and heavy metals.
Moreover, Garlic helps in lower your Cholesterol Level, Cholesterol soars through the roof is due to Aortic plaque deposits that start to accumulate on our body’s vein, and garlic reduces these deposits. So, automatically lowers risk of Heart disease and Cholesterol Level which helps you to Improves you Stamina that’s the reason it is consider to be an aid when it comes to Exercise or more Physical Activities.