How to Tie a Scarf into a Vest: 3 Chic Ways
The versatile scarf that is generally used for layering in a fashionable way and beating the cold can be folded in a multitude of ways to resemble a vest transforming any simple outfit into a stylish one. In case you are out and the weather suddenly turns chilly, you can get some coziness by wearing your scarf in this way. They also allow you to add a touch of modesty to your swimwear and singlets.
1. Make a Racerback Style Vest from a Scarf
Long and light scarves suit this style. It can also be done with a shorter length of scarf resulting in a skimpy vest that looks nice with short skirts.
- Open up the scarf lengthwise.
- Fold it in half.
- Take the open corners in one hand and the folded corner in another and tie them into a small knot.
- Slip the two large holes thus made through your arms and let the knot sit at your back.
Below is the view of the vest from the back. It resembles a racerback top in its looks.
2. Make a Shawl-Like Wrap Vest Out Of a Scarf
This style of vest can be made with both large square and rectangular scarves, working especially well when tied with blanket scarves. You can choose a plaid or batik pattern of scarf for this DIY as it keeps the material visible.
- Wrap the scarf around your shoulders like a shawl.
- Cinch the sides at the waist by a belt.
Now you are left with a versatile, layered look suitable for fall.
3. Turning an Infinity Scarf into a Vest
You can make a vest from an infinity scarf by placing it on your shoulders from the back side, sliding your arms in and letting the lower part of the loop rest on your back.
A scarf when worn like a vest suits tight fitted tops paired with skinny jeans or leggings. Note that they are basically tying or wearing methods that require no sewing. Scarf vests look trendy and chic, effortlessly bringing out the fashionista in you. You can do the techniques with chiffon, sheer or lacy scarves for summer and switch to pashmina scarves in winters.