Cold sores are result of herpes simplex virus and are difficult to control. Not only they look odd on your face, but also they are little bit painful.
The first infection caused by Herpes Simplex Virus has symptoms of feeling being unwell, swollen glands, mild fever and painful mouth ulcers.
Although cold sores can be healed up within a week or two; but as they are so painful so they must be cured even quicker. There are several efficient Cold Sore Remedies on ‘How to get rid of Cold sore’.
So, the persons who are prone to cold sores must take these Natural Home Remedies and get relieved from them.
But keep into consideration that treatment of cold sores must be done in a serious manner and properly as it is a little bit painful process.
Main Reason and Causes of Cold Sores
- Having a High Body Temperature or Fever.
- Tiredness and Fatigue can lead to Cold Sores.
- Females can have Cold Sores due to Menstruation Cycle or Periods.
- Direct Strong Sunlight, Sunburn can cause these little Ulcers.
- Already having an Infection such as Respiratory Tract Infection.
- Oral Sex with a Partner who has genital herpes, which is caused by HSV-2.
- Dehydration is one of the Common Cause of Cold sore.
Natural Cold Sore Remedies for Treatment
1. Cornstarch Remedy for Cold Sores
Corn Starch is easily available in your nearest Grocery stores. Cornstarch have Anti- Inflammatory properties, helps you to get relived from the irritation caused by the cold sores.
Direction to Use Cornstarch on Cold Sore –
- Take 1 tablespoon of both Cornstarch and fresh water in the bowl.
- Continue adding water to the bowl until you get a complete, consistent paste of it.
- When you get the Consistent Cornstarch paste, dip a cotton ball in it and then apply it on the affected area.
- Leave it untouched for the whole night and then wash your face in the morning.
- Repeat this procedure every night until cold sores doesn’t cure.
2. Apply MILK on Cold Sore
Milk is easily available in your kitchen; it is a very beneficial ingredient as it contains L-lysine, which helps us to inhibit arginine, which is a type of Amino-acid that usually causes an outbreak; it is very soothing too.
Inhibiting Amino acid used to quickly heal Cold-sore.
You can get relieved from the pain and discomfort caused by cold sores. Moreover If you used to have Muscle Cramps, you should drink Cows Milk.
I already wrote about Cows Milk on How to Get Rid of Muscle Cramps
Directions of Milk Therapy
- Take one tablespoon of milk and a small cotton ball.
- Dip the cotton ball in the milk and apply it on the affected area.
- Leave it for about 5 minutes and then wash it.
3. Use Peppermint Oil on Cold Sores
The Moment you observe your Cold sores, you should apply Peppermint oil. Using peppermint oil is the way to get rid of cold sores within a short duration of time it kills the virus causing cold sores.
But please use the natural and high quality peppermint oil to get quick results.
Also dilute peppermint oil with some water to reduce the irritation caused by applying it on the cold sores.
Direction to use Peppermint Oil – You need to do dilute the oil with little amount of water and scrub it on the affected area every day until you get relief from cold sores.
4. Use Ice Cubes on Cold Sore
Another natural Cold sore remedy is to apply Ice-cubes on the affected area for at least about 5-6 minutes at a time, Repeat this thrice a day. This will alleviate your pain and also reduces the Inflammation.
3. Vanilla Extract Cold Sore Remedy
It has Good Taste and Flavor, Besides this Vanilla extract have Anti-Inflammatory property also, which helps you to get relieved from the pain of cold sores.
In addition to this it has Anti-Infection properties which can protect you from the virus that can cause cold sores. But Vanilla extract must be pure otherwise it would not work on cold sores.
Direction to Use Vanilla Extract
- Take a few drops of Vanilla essence and Pour it on the sterilize gauge or on a cotton ball.
- Then apply it on the cold sores.
- Repeat this after every 7 hours.
6. PETROLEUM JELLY
Another way to remove cold sores is to use Petroleum jelly on it. Use Petroleum jelly has natural emollients so it softens the skin that is irritated due to cold sores.
Also applying petroleum jelly directly to the cold sores can protect it from bacterial infection; as once you caught with this kind of infection then the cold sores will not heap up soon.
Direction to apply Petroleum Jelly – Clean hands, Apply a thin layer of Petroleum jelly on the affected area and repeat it after every one or two hours in a day until it goes off completely.